Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Moving > IronMan

I am going to come out and say it.  Moving > Planning a Wedding. At least in the latter people are trying to make it "the best day of your life" instead of the worst.  And whereas I've moved a lot in the past, it was never with another person (plus a dog), nor did I ever have anything of real value, whereas now I have adult furniture, kitchen gear, fine china, and a piano (and don't even talk about my Cervelo...I moved that myself!)

I might even venture as far as saying Moving/buying a place/renovations > IronMan. And I've never even done an IronMan, but here's why I think the above. 

IronMan: Friendly and perky volunteers offering you water and snacks
Moving: Angry Georgian men telling you that you have too much stuff. 

IronMan: Expensive, but it is a set fee and sometimes money goes to charity.
Moving: Expensive, plus lots of hidden fees.  Cash only. No charity.

IronMan: Staged in some faraway, potentially exotic, place.  No danger presents itself to my floors of any kind.
Moving: Puts a giant hole in one of the bedroom floors even though they were perfect 2 days ago when the contracts did their final walk-through.

IronMan: Blister and chafing potential is huge.  But that is why the good Lord gave us BodyGlide.
Moving: Blister and chafing potential is huge.  Plus cuts on hands.  Too bad I've packed my BodyGlide.  And my band-aids.

IronMan: A very long day, but wow, won't I feel triumphant in the end!
Moving: A very long day, and now I can't find any clean clothes, dishes, cups, soap, or towels.  Also, toiletpaper.





1 comment:

  1. So are you all moved in now? Hope you love your new place!!

    ReplyDelete