Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Run in CA

Happy Chinese New Year to all!  It is now the year of the snake, which I think bodes well for our IronMan in Arizona as there are probably lots of snakes in Tempe right?  Anyways, I went on a run in California this past weekend while visiting my grandparents for Chinese New Year.

Of course I stopped to take a picture!
It was pretty warm in Sacramento compared to DC, so I boldly chose to only wear shorts and a t-shirt while running.  Perhaps not the best choice, as I was freezing cold by the end of the run, but during the middle parts, it felt great to not be bundled up in a zillion layers!  It was just a really quick 45 minute run, as I really wanted to maximize the time I spent with my grandparents the 36 hours I was there (I spent 10 hours flying there and back for those 36 hours!) and I had to already waste some of those hours sleeping haha.  Even though the run was only 45 minutes, I was reminded how much I love running there!  It is always so fun to run along this little canal network near my grandparents house because there is lots of wildlife!  Lots of ducks, birds, and turtles are just waiting for people to throw them seeds and bread.  Unfortunately I didn't think to bring bread on my run, but next time I'm in Sacramento I definitely will!

Hopefully I will be upping my workout intensity in a couple weeks because I don't have anymore gross anatomy dissections, but now that I'm actually looking at my calendar, it seems that school is only going to start ramping up in intensity. Boo.  I guess I'm going to have to look over Jessica's post on "life balance"!




No comments:

Post a Comment