Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Long Days, Bigger Workouts....150 days to go!

I didn't want to stop, but my bike needed a rest around 30 miles in...
I have had a GREAT week in terms of working out, which is good because everything else has been sort of meeeeeeeh.  On Saturday I got in a 60 miles bike, and this week I got in some doubles of swimming and running, managed to fit in a 2 hour run, and did a quick run with a 2200 yard swim today! These past couple days have made me realize how much better I feel when I workout hard all week and has really motivated me to get back into it, instead of the willy nilly workouts I have been doing.  It also helps that is has been nice, sunny, and hot...my FAVORITE workout weather.  I know a lot of people think I'm crazy, but I like to workout in the heat...sweating like crazy makes me feel like I am actually accomplishing something rather than just running/swimming/biking.

Out of all the workouts, I am most proud of the 60 mile bike, as it is the most I've ever biked, annnndd I thought I might die during the middle 15 miles.  It was definitely a mental endurance workout along with a physical one, but I made it and found some pretty sweet spots along the W&OD trail that I've never seen before.  It has made me look forward (okay, ALMOST look forward) to the next long bike.

I have exactly 150 days until IMAZ and it is literally scaring the life out of me, but on the bright side it has also made me get serious about working out.  150 days to get into great shape...150 days until what is going to be an epic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment