Monday, June 3, 2013

Amanda: 0 Weather: 2

Twice in the past week the weather has thwarted my planned workout with unexpected torrential downpours followed by nice sunny, blue skies, only to suddenly downpour again.  Today, although it is not a cycling day in our workout plan, I decided to take a quick bike.  I figure any time I spend on my Cervelo is worth it, and it wasn't blistering hot like it was when I did my 50 miles this past weekend.

This is what I felt and looked like post bike
The problem I have when I bike during the week is that it always ends up being close to rush hour, which in DC can be brutal.  There are crazies everywhere who have no patience for cyclists.  In fact, during this ride even though it was only 3:30pm, some turd in a truck continuously honked at me while he passed WAY too close.  During rush hour there are tons of people like this, so I try to make sure to finish my bike by 4:30 or 5pm.  

Anyways, I started on my always-harrowing bike ride under sunny, blue skies, only to have it start POURING rain about 30 minutes into my ride.  I've actually never really ridden over 5 minutes in the rain, and now I had to bike another 30 minutes back to my car.  It was terrible. Not only was I afraid of slipping, but now I also had to watch out for gigantic puddles in the road while fighting drivers, who in DC also get crazy when it rains, snows, etc.

But as you can see since I am writing this blog, I successfully traversed Beach Rd. back to my car.  And although I was Nervy McNerve during the bike, I actually feel really happy with that workout because after that ride I think I won't be as nervous cycling...at least when its not raining.  The time on the bike is finally starting to pay off a tiny bit!

T-Minus 166 days until IMAZ...It's time to get serious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment