Sunday, November 10, 2013

One week to go!

Serves me right for bitching.  My last post consisted of my crying about how my taper was so hard and was not going to give me enough rest, blah blah blah.  Well, time wise it was significantly less commitment, which was good because I have a big test coming up Friday, and athletically it was also much less demanding.  So all that specific bitching for nothing.  However, I still do hate the "taper", just for different reasons now.  After working out for a bizilllllllion hours for months I feel like I'm not doing enough and I am wasting away before the IronMan.  As a result I actually feel weaker.  I know this is normal and likely means I'm doing the taper right, but it still seems silly to me.  Related to this, is my own anxiety fueled thoughts, which have only increased as we get closer to race day...did I say it is only a week away?...and I can't even exercise to put them to rest! Damn you taper.  Damn you.

I'm sure the race will be fun and I know it is good I only have THREE workouts next week..THREE!  And they only total 5 hrs...but it mean that IMAZ is actually around the corner.  A difficult fact to accept :(  At this point I just want it to be here and simultaneously want more time to train!

I'll end this silly post with my plug for my charity: the Wounded Warrior Foundation.  Please feel free to donate whatever amount you feel able and help wounded warriors!



No comments:

Post a Comment