Sunday, January 20, 2013

A GREAT Week!

This past week has been fantastic for me!  I got some good workouts in, including a 3500 swim workout, a  12 mile run, and a BRICK workout today.  Hopefully with these workouts I'll be slightly prepared for the half marathon this weekend in NYC.

Ignore my unmade bed in the background and focus on my BEAUTIFUL bike!
BUT!!  The big part of my week was buying my new Cervelo P2!  I bought it on Tuesday, got it fitted Friday, and rode it Saturday and today.  Saturday wasn't really a workout, but I learned how to get through all the gears, and FINALLY learned how to only unclip one foot to stop.  I am getting closer and closer to becoming a real cyclist!  My BRICK workout today was pretty short, since I did need to get my ass to the library to study this afternoon, but I did bike 25 miles and ran 6 miles, and I actually enjoyed almost every second of it.  The whole bike I'm sure I was grinning like an idiot and the whole run I just thought about how awesome my bike is...in fact, I'm still grinning like an idiot now in the library :)

I'm hoping that this excitement over my new bike never ends, as it is motivating me to get out and cycle...it also helps that a ton of people have complemented how "sweet" my bike is.  It was fantastic when I first brought my Cervelo home, took it out of my car, and two of my neighbors (both do triathlons) immediately complimented it.

What a FANTASTIC week!

2 comments:

  1. love your excitement.. new gear that fits your work out makes it go faster, smoother...wahoo for you! cannot wait to hear about your half marathon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ride! Don't let the excitement EVER end :)A 25/6 brick is perfect, nice job!
    Kyle @ SkoraRunning.com

    ReplyDelete