Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Big Beginnings

It has been a big beginning of the year for both Jessica and me!  So far (8 days in!), we've been working out consistently AND finishing good workouts. Yay!  Although I'm pretty sure I will never be able to complete sets on a 1:15 interval even if my life depended on it, I had an excellent swim today and a pretty good run yesterday.  I ran a solid 12 miles down Old Georgetown and Rockville Pike and swam 2 miles today.  As I'm sitting here in the library trying to learn about reading ECGs, I can feel how these two workouts have exhausted me, so I must be a little out of shape (whoooops!).  My triceps are sore, my hamstrings keep cramping, and my quads are getting tired with me just sitting here.

My run was uneventful, I guess you can't have a fun one every time, but I did get to time how long it takes me to get to school from my condo...just in case I am ever motivated to run to school before my classes start at 0730. Yeah right. But after that run I at least know I can do the half marathon Jessica and I spontaneously signed up for at the end of January.

I wish my runs were this scenic
My swim was actually good.  I swim 3200 yards and it didn't take me eight thousand years to do it!  I warmed up with 1000, did 2x (100 sprint, 200 kick, 200 IM, 200 pull, 100 sprint, 50 easy), and then did a 500 warm down.  Although the water was a soupy 80 degrees, I felt great in the water.  In fact, I even think my technique was pretty decent.  I've been working on evenly breathing to either side and not crossing my legs/feet when breathing, and I finally made it through an entire workout without doing it.

All in all, the past two days have been a success...I successfully started my next medical school module and did two nice, long, workouts.  Take THAT life! And IMAZ here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment