Monday, January 7, 2013

I can still swim!

I love it when I manage to surprise myself! After a much more hedonistic weekend than I had planned (including going out on a SUNDAY to a NYC chef/sommelier party that one of my writers was a part of), I was slightly dreading a group swim with some of my NYAC tri club teammates, secretly wishing I could enjoy the solitude of a solo plop 'n flop.

Wow-wee!
But I am glad I pulled my finger out and rallied, as one of the guys that showed up is also a former college swimmer, and after a warm up and kick set, we did 300, 200, 100 twice on 1:15 pace, first round swim, second round pull.  Doesn't seem like much, but let me tell you, I haven't done anything on 1:15 page is YEARS.   Probably not since my first year our of Princeton! Ha! I didn't think I had it in me, but I guess I am in better shape than I thought, perhaps thanks to not letting my marathon conditioning on the run flag or that dang trainer, which is both my best friend and nemesis these past few weeks!

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid-to-high 40's, so a run will be in order, but in the meantime, when I do get back in the pool I need to be better about challenging myself a bit more on my intervals!

No comments:

Post a Comment