Sunday, January 6, 2013

You're hot then you're cold...

Holy moly is it cold in NYC! It finally "warmed" up today to a balmy mid-30's, but ever since returning from Palm Beach, Florida, where I spent New Year's with my in-laws, it has been a tough few days adjusting to temperatures down in the mid-twenties, yikes!  I usually am able to run in sub-freezing temps no problem, provided I am properly bundled, but after spending 4 days in sunny Florida, I was struggling just to get to the office and back!

While in Florida, besides taking advantage of the sun to make it so I no longer had to see the veins in my legs and stomach in my near-translucent state, I did about a 6 mile run each day I was there, plus a swim in the salt-water pool at the club where my in-laws are members.  The pool is a strange 33-yard/50 feet distance, so intervals were a bit wonky, but I tried to focus on just getting some long, consistent yardage in, and combined with the run and tennis (at which I am hopelessly awful...the fact that my husband stays married to me after an hour on the court is true love!), it was a very fitness and cross-training fueled week!

Now that I'm back in NYC and work re-entry aside, I hit the trainer hard and did a "spinervals" DVD today for an hour plus a mini-run with Sasha afterwords, and I am WRECKED.  This spinerval one that the "random" button on the DVD picked was killer! It basically boiled down to some interval work and 20 minutes all out.  I was DYING!

Tomorrow I'll do a Prospect Park run, provided the upcoming snow doesn't deter me!
Ouch! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to brave the cold for a run, as I don't know if I can handle another one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment