Saturday, March 2, 2013

One last workout before the CRUNCH!

As I'm sure most of you know, it is almost time to start of our 8 month CRUNCH!  i.e I actually need to start training regularly instead of this willy nilly workout schedule I have going on right now.  As one of my last workouts before I start actually following a training plan, I went on a bike ride this morning.  There were actually a lot of cyclists and runners out this morning even though it wasn't that warm.  This can be nice and not so nice...nice because I'm not as afraid of getting run over by a car, not so nice when a zillion cyclists pass me (many of them old white haired men and women).  In every bike ride, no matter how many people are out, my adrenaline is always pumping due to my constant fear of making a HUGE fool of myself on my new Cervelo by falling over.  I try to tell myself it doesn't matter, but apparently it doesn't work because I can already feel my shoulders and back are tired from being so tense the entire ride...although maybe I'll tell myself that it's because I'm not used to riding in aero...bahh I wish. 
In case you've forgotten how wonderful my bike is...
It was a short ride (around 30 miles), as I needed to get back to the library to study for all my exams this next week (who knew the lungs and renal system could be so complex!), but to try to compensate for the short distance, I tried keep a pretty good cadence the whole time.  It was really nice to get my legs going for those 30 miles, and yes, the Cervelo is still very exciting.  I still get giddy talking about how beautiful it is, and I'm sure my friends are tired of hearing about it, but I'm pretty sure the novelty of owning such an awesome bike will never wear off.  

Once Jessica and I finalize our pick for the training plan, the real fun will begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment