Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Swimming day!

So I've been off to a great start with this IronMan workout packet, skipping the first week of "Adaptation" for a zillion tests in school...whoops...but so far for week 2, I've kept on track.  Like Jessica said in her last post, I'm trying to stay on the Pro level for as long as possible, but during today's swim workout I realized that I'll likely be going down to the Elite level sooner than I think, at least in swimming and biking.  I'm pretty sure the two Masters swimmers in the lane next to me thought I was going to die at the end of my main set because I was breathing so hard in between my last couple 100s and then essentially floated my warm down.

Definitely felt like this the whole swim.
Today's swim workout was:
Warm up: 100
Drill Set:
Side Kick Left: 4 x 50
Side Kick Right: 4 x 50
Streamline Kick: 4 x 50
All with 60 seconds of rest in between
Main Set:
100, 30" Rest
4 x 50, 30" Rest
8 x 50 Kick, 30" Rest
6 x 100, 30" Rest
Warm Down: 100
Total: 2000

All in all, this second week has started off well!  I even got new running shoes today because my old ones were starting to give me blisters.  It was a BIG step for me to not go with Mizuno shoes, but hey, with the starting of my training, why not try something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment