Saturday, December 29, 2012

It's been a while...

It has actually been a LONG while since I posted something!  Now that my finals are over (and I finally found out that I passed everything YIPEE!), I have time for working out and posting.  I actually got back on the 22nd and have been working out since then, but for some reason, sitting around the house doing nothing (and yes, doing nothing is everything I dreamed it would be) takes up more time than medical school, and I haven't been posting.  But back to the the topic of this post.  It's been awhile since I've seriously lifted.  I'm talking months since I last lifted...so, of course, I went lifting for the first time yesterday.  I know Jessica hates lifting with a passion, so she'll disagree, but it was actually nice to get back into the gym and pound out some reps.
My actual lifting repertoire is pretty limited, but I (and anyone else) can get in a great workout with just a few exercises, and I always make sure to fit in some ab exercises in there!  For this past session, I did: Bench, a double shoulder exercise with free weights, dips, dumb bell rows, French curls, lat pull downs, and pull ups.  My brother and I then ended with a killer 10 minute ab workout, which was so difficult I can't remember it because I blocked it from my memory.  

Although my weights and reps were lower than what I used to do (I did manage to get through 3 sets of everything), this morning I am SO sore.  I am so sore that I am almost unable to change my clothes, turn the steering wheel in my car, or laugh because my arms/shoulders/back and abs are so sore.  It's been awhile since I was this sore, and I find that I do not particularly miss this feeling.  I am consoling myself with the fact that I am seriously out of shape after not working out, and eating only candy and panda express during the past couple weeks...damn you finals!...and these pains are necessary for getting back into shape, and much more of these pains will happen while training up for IMAZ.  The fact that all of this is going into IMAZ makes it worth it and always gets me excited for this coming November!

It's also been a REALLY long while since I biked.  I need to start doing that ASAP, but today is not that day, as it is snowing here in McLean!  A great day for a fun run!

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Manko! Haha you are right...I hate lifting. Ab work I still love, though, plus squats, push-ups, etc.! Does lifting my luggage or picking up squirmy Sasha count?

    ReplyDelete